Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A Very Rainy Ride

Hello!
This past Sunday, with Mac in Boston, I ventured solo to do a 55 mile Missoulians on Bicycles ride from Missoula to Stevensville. Now, for those of you who don't know, the weather on Sunday was pretty horrendous. It was raining and 40 degrees, some of the worst possible weather you can have. Luckily, I was able to stay pretty dry thanks to a few tricks my Grandpa has used on some of his bike rides. Anyways, when I arrived at Montana Lil's for the bike ride there were originally 4 of us there. Two of the guys who showed up left within 5 minutes because they weren't prepared for the rainy day. So, when we started, it was just me and one other guy who started off towards Lolo. When we arrived in Lolo, we luckily met with two other cyclists who rode with us to Stevensville to enjoy a nice lunch at their local diner. Although it was rainy and uphill for most of the way there, the lunch was certainly worth the ride. After lunch the weather cleared up a little bit, I could see some blue in the sky, and we rode back pretty easily towards Lolo. Once there, we dropped our two other companions off, and once again it was just me and one other guy. Although it started to rain again once we got close to Missoula and the wind started to pick up the last few miles weren't too hard. Overall, when counting the miles I rode to and from my house, I rode a grand total of 60 miles that day. Pretty fun I would say!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up Drew. See you in Pt. Pleasant!

    “You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’"

    - George Bernard Shaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! I'll see you there! Also, great quote!

    ReplyDelete